Business zones are project of the Government of Montenegro, which encourages the development of small and medium Entrepreneurship on infrastructure equipped land. The development of business zones at the level of local governments encouraged the balanced development of Montenegro and increase employment.
Zones should be equipped with telephone connections, energy, utilities and transport infrastructure.
- attracting investments
- creating new jobs
- new technologies and equipment
- modernization and improvement and industrial networking
- regulated infrastructure land with all permits
- less cost of renting office space
- lower administrative costs
- integration of complementary occupations
- other benefits to the business
Also, as the benefits offered by establishing business zones are: promotion of desirable sectors of the economy and employment at the national level, opportunities for balanced regional development by encouraging the production and employment in the less developed areas, the introduction of diversity in the economic base as well as improving quality and productivity, stimulating the establishment companies in a particular region by reducing capital costs and ease the start of production, the introduction of market principles when investing in public infrastructure and more efficient use of resources by creating business zones in the vicinity of major industrial enterprises.
Analyses have shown that the benefits of business zones are multiple, both for users of the zones, and for the state and the economic growth and development.
- fast and direct economic development of certain areas
- attracting investors and capital in a certain area
- higher competitiveness of enterprises and entrepreneurs operating in the zone
- rational use of space
- control of environmental protection
- raising the competitiveness of local businesses
- the possibility of combining different incentive measures
- cheaper and faster access to land planned for economic activity
- the possibility of further economic and spatial development of the company
- cheaper business operations
- availability of other staff, who are employed in the business zone
- the availability of a variety of business services
- availability of support services and other support instruments
- the possibility of faster investment, the use of common infrastructure
- regulated infrastructure and better working conditions
- use of synergy effects of linking enterprises in the zone
- increased opportunities for making new business contacts
- cheaper or free promotions of companies within the promotion of business zones
Users of the zone may be small and medium-sized enterprises engaged in light industry that does not pollute the environment. This includes a number of industrial branches which production is based on the means of consumption (food, textile, tobacco industry, the furniture industry, electronic industry, as well as finishing and assembly of finished products).
Benefits will have business in the field of production of goods, and then finishing and assembly of finished products.
The activities of storage of goods and production materials may be allowed, but to a limited extent and type. The basic requirements that a company must meet are that it has a representative office in Montenegro and that is privately owned.